Dr. Aouthmany, MD, FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
There is many causes for hairloss. Generally can be under three types: scarring, non-scarring, or both.
Evaluation by a dermatologist can determine the type and recommended treatment plan.
Over the Counter supplements usually needed:
- Nature Made Vitamin D3, 2000 units, daily
- Nature Made Zinc, 30 mg, daily
- If ferritin is low, iron supplementation needed!!!
- Nature Made Iron 65mg once daily take with Vitamin C 1000mg daily.
Additional 'hair stimulants'
- Viviscal Extra Strength, once daily (not vegan)
- Nutrafol Mens daily
- Nutrafol Womens daily
Over the Counter Topical:
- Minoxidil Foam 5% !!! examples in link, but double check to make sure foam and 5%. side effects include unwanted hair growth in areas and that is why I prefer the foam to decrease that from happening.